You probably already know quite a bit about Facebook and the benefits of including it in your marketing strategy. These specific stats show just how beneficial it can be, and can help you get started on Facebook marketing.
1. Facebook’s initial public offering (IPO) raised $16 billion, making it the third largest in U.S. history, behind General Motors and Visa
2. Since 2012, the company has spent well over $22.4 billion buying competitors.
3. In the second quarter of 2020, the net income was $5.18 billion.
4. Mark Zuckerberg’s salary is only $1 a year.
5. However, Zuckerberg’s net worth is $98.5 billion.
6. Nearly 75% of high-income earners use Facebook.
Users and Demographics
7. Over the past 12 years, the number of active monthly users has increased from 100 million to 2.7 billion.
8. There were 2.47 billion Family Daily Active People (DAP) as of June 2020.
9. 46% of seniors use Facebook.
10. 95% of users access Facebook on their mobile device.
11. There are 1.79 billion daily active users.
12. 73% of users in the US access the platform everyday.
13. 93% of users access it each week.
14. A 2019 study shows 75% of women use Facebook.
15. The average user spends 35 minutes on Facebook.
16. Seniors are the fastest growing group on Facebook.
17. The average user has an average of 155 “friends.”
18. Women tend to have more “friends” than men.
19. According to Igloo’s 2019 State of the Global Digital Workplace report, 87% of people use Facebook to connect with their co-workers.
20. A Cowen and Company study showed 65% of users use Facebook to view photos.
21. Women tend to comment on and “like” more posts than men.
22. Facebook’s share in the global digital advertising market is 19.7%.
23. In Q1 of 2020, Facebook brought in $17.44 billion in ad revenue.
24. Facebook’s potential reach of advertising is 1.9 billion.
25. As of 2018, 86% of marketers use Facebook Advertising.
26. Notably, 78% of American consumers have discovered products via Facebook.
27. The best day and time for posting to Facebook varies by industry.
28. There are 800 million monthly users of Facebook Marketplace.
29. The average engagement rate for Facebook page posts is 3.42%.
30. 140 million businesses use Facebook every month to communicate with prospective customers and employees, or to engage with their communities.
31. Facebook is considered the most important for B2B and B2C marketing by marketers.
32. Facebook is the world’s third-most visited site, after Google and Youtube.
33. Facebook is the 5th most downloaded free app in the App store and Facebook Messenger is 4th.
34. 7 out of 10 adults in the US use Facebook.
35. India has the most Facebook users at 290 million.
36. As of January 2020, 28.5% of the world population use Facebook.
37. There are more than 10 million groups on Facebook, which people use to connect to people with similar interests.
38. Facebook can translate 100 languages without using English Data. This means languages can be translated directly, rather than to English then the desired language.
39. Users watch 85% of Facebook videos without sound.
40. Square Facebook videos get 35% more views than landscape.
41. Mobile-friendly videos generate higher engagement.
42. 5 billion comments are left on Facebook pages monthly.
43. Facebook-owned apps have a combined 16 billion downloads.
44. There are 120 million fake users on Facebook.
45. The most liked page is Facebook’s page with 215 million likes.
46. 80.4% of social referrals to ecommerce sites come through Facebook
47. Mark Zuckerburg started Facebook at the age of 19.
48. As of 2019, Facebook has 44,912 full-time employees
49. Facebook was the number one search term globally as of October 2019.
50. The “family” of Facebook products includes Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp.
Whether you are starting from scratch or revamping, tackling social media marketing can be difficult and overwhelming. That’s where Beeman comes in! With our social media packages, we can help you increase engagement, expand your reach, and bring traffic to your website. Learn more below!