With more and more people going online for shopping and advice, now is the perfect time to expand your social media marketing efforts. There are the obvious, such as Facebook and Instagram. Recently, LinkedIn has become more than just a recruiting network; it has also become a hub for generating and converting leads.
General LinkedIn Facts
- The network officially launched on May 5, 2003: nine months before Facebook. This makes it the oldest major social network still in use today.
- LinkedIn is available in 24 languages. This allows many global users to access the network in their native language.
- It is the most trusted social network in the U.S. 73% of users at least somewhat agree that LinkedIn protects their privacy and data. Compare that to just 53% for Facebook.
- The platform is 277% more effective at generating leads than Facebook and Twitter.
LinkedIn User Facts
- The platform has 722 million members. Of those, 675 million are active on a monthly basis. It’s not the largest of the social networks, but with a specific business focus, it’s an audience worth noticing.
- 57% of users connect on a mobile device.
- There are 174 million users in the U.S.
- 57% of users are men, and 43% are women.
- LinkedIn Live streams increased by 437% in 2020.
- There are 9 billion content impressions every week. The opportunity to be seen most definitely exists if you share content consistently.
- Posts with images get 2x higher engagement. Larger images do even better, with 38% higher click-through rates than other images. They recommend 1200 x 627 pixels.
- Users are 20x more likely to re-share a video post. If you want other members to help spread your message for you, video is the way to go.
- LinkedIn saw a 55% increase in conversations among connections in 2020.
- Employees are 14x more likely to share content from their employers than other types of content.
LinkedIn Advertising Facts
- An ad on LinkedIn can reach 13% of the world’s population.
- LinkedIn’s ad reach grew by 25 million people in Q4 2020. That’s a 3.5% increase from Q3.
- Ads offer more than 200 targeting characteristics. From education to interests, there are plenty of ways to make sure your ad matches the right audience.
- Brands get 7x more reactions and 24x more comments on LinkedIn Live streams than regular video. That high comment rate shows people are engaged during the live video stream and waiting to interact with the participants.
- Companies that post weekly see a 2x higher engagement rate. Research shows that the best day to post on LinkedIn is Wednesday for B2B brands, or Monday and Wednesday for B2C brands.
- Companies with a complete, active LinkedIn Page see 5x more page views. They also get 7x more impressions per follower and 11x more clicks per follower.
Adding LinkedIn to your digital marketing strategy is extremely beneficial for many more reasons. However, it can be daunting and overwhelming to add another social network to your efforts. That’s where our digital marketing experts at Beeman can help you. We will work with you to create engaging content that will generate leads and sales. To learn more about the various services we offer, simply click the button below!