When most people think about Pinterest, they think about recipes, house improvement DIYs, and inspiration. However, it is an untapped social media marketing resource.
Pinterest is one of the largest visual search engines. Users can search for new products, brands, tips and tricks, and more. It’s a great resource for driving website traffic and boosting online sales.
Creating posts, called ‘pins,’ is extremely easy; you can create and edit them on the Pinterest app and website. There are also many tips and tricks to help you get started. Every Pin includes an image or video, plus a link to your site or store. You can create videos to show off features of products or share tutorials.
You can connect a product feed, which turns each product into its own Pin.
Get Discovered on Pinterest
There are multiple ways for users to discover and save new pins. The home feed shows new pins each time it is loaded. These featured pins are recommended based on pins that they saved previously. Users can also use keyword and visual searches to find similar or tagged pins. The final way to discover new pins is through related pins. These can be viewed by clicking on a favorite and scrolling down, or will load in the feed near a recently saved pin.
- Create new content regularly. For a steady stream of content, a new Pin should be created and posted at least once a week.
- Schedule your Pins for optimal days and times. Pinterest has a scheduling tool you can use if you don’t already have a social media publishing software. (We use Hootsuite to schedule all our social media posts from the same website.)
- Make every Pin actionable by adding a URL that drives traffic back to your site.
- Give boards clear and descriptive titles such to optimize search results and organization.
- Brand your profile with a descriptive bio, profile picture, verified website
- Determine your content strategy, such as publishing schedule, material, and SEO
- Join community boards to interact with potential customers and other influencers. You can see what other practices are doing, and what is working for them.
There are many elements that go into a successful social media marketing strategy. That’s where Beeman can help. To learn more about how Beeman can heal you get started with a strong strategy or revitalize your social media accounts, check out our Social Media Services.